confessions of a teenage fashionista

-inside a girl's compicated mind-

7.29.2005

More "little" news

- I went shopping yesterday. A few really gorgeous tops have been added to my wardrobe. You have no idea how happy new clothes make me, lol.

- We were required to watch two plays by an Ateneo org (Entablado) for our Filipino 11 class. Surprisingly I really enjoyed them. The first one was entitled "Sino Ba Kayo?" It was hilarious. The actors were amazing. The second one was "Fantasya." The acting was superb, but the story wasn't as good as the first one. Still, I liked both. The only downside to it was that it finished at 9 PM Thursday, which meant I missed thirty minutes of Desperate Housewives. Oh well.

- The AMA General Assembly was ok. I really liked the decorations. The theme was "Off Limits" so the whole place was decorated in yellow and black with (police tapes) that says "Caution" for effect. There were bands, dancers, a comedian (who was, quite frankly, not even
remotely funny), a sort of raffle contest, and food. I was able to interview a few people for my deputy secretary general trial. Hopefully I do well and get the position. But if not, the experience will certainly contribute to my improvement. Anyway, I guess I like AMA too much, so I have nothing bad to say about the GA.

- We watched a documentary called "Spellbound" for English 11. It was about eight kids determined to win the National Spelling Bee in the US. It wasn't as boring as I thought. I rather enjoyed the last hour of the film, actually, when it was time for the contest.

- I'm very very happy with the grades I'm currently getting in my classes. Hopefully I'll continue doing well. I've also grown closer with some of my blockmates and met lots of interesting people in campus, so overall I'm enjoying college, despite the impossible amounts of assignments given everyday.

- I think Partido Agila won the elections. Can't be too sure.

- Oh yeah, I finished reading Half-blood Prince a few days ago. It was very very good. No spoilers here, don't worry. I don't do that.

- The President was at Crossroad 77 awhile ago. I was really near the building (this is where my wushu class is held) when we stopped dead in the middle of the road. There was an absurdly long line of traffic and we had to circle a long way to get to the entrance. Police were stationed everywhere and I saw the presidential car along with numerous huge cars (GMA's motorcade, I guess) in the parking lot. She was attending a wedding, it was said. My Dad said he thought she'd joined my wushu class, haha. Also, congratulations to Chelsea of my wushu class (she's in the advanced class) who bagged the 2nd place in an international (or Asian) Junior Wushu Championships.

More soon =)

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home