confessions of a teenage fashionista

-inside a girl's compicated mind-

7.17.2005

Book crazy

It was July 16. I was up at six in the morning and got ready as fast as I could. Riding in the car to National Bookstore, I checked and rechecked that I had everything I needed. I arrived at forty minutes past, and as they were opening at exactly 7:01 A.M., I ate a hurried breakfast at a fast food restaurant immediately next door. As I finished my peach pie, I noticed that a line had already formed and had reached the street, so I went and joined the line. I was fifteenth in line and more people (most of them from the same fast food restaurant I'd just eaten at) filed behind me. Everyone waited impatiently, excitedly. As the doors opened, we all rushed to the main cashier in a slightly straight line. Customers with reservations were referred to the Customer Service counter. I was now ninth in line. As I beheld the books that were artfully placed on the table nearest the main entrance, I smiled in longing. When my turn came, I handed over my reservation form and loyalty card, entitling me to 20% off. The clerk also gave me a 100php book coupon and, as I was one of the first few customers with a reservation, I got a free HP metallic bookmark that cost about 300php. I was extremely happy with all the free stuff and discounts I was getting, but nothing could compare to the way I felt when I finally got the book in my hands. It was exactly 7:20 A.M. when I finally received my Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince book. I clutched it lovingly, protectively. I had it.
Sadly, I had to attend a class for INTACT (Introduction to Ateneo Culture) from one till five in the afternoon, so I had not much time to read. By the end of the day I had only finished two chapters. And from the way those chapters were written, I know I'm going to enjoy that book very much.

Cheers to J.K. Rowling!

Advertisement: Effective July 1, 2005, get HP and the Half-Blood Prince at 10% off at National Bookstore (I don't know if that's for all branches, though, I reserved mine at the Sct. Borromeo branch). Get a copy now!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    kakainggit Cri :D Have fun reading. and in case nagbabasa kka nito bago sunday.. dka tlga pwd sa party?

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger Beautiful Disaster said…

    I don't know yet. Hopefully coz I miss you so much and I want to see you again =)

    Have you gotten your copy of book 6 yet?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home