confessions of a teenage fashionista

-inside a girl's compicated mind-

7.01.2005

Less than satisfactory Fridays

The sun dawned bright and warm. Another day had started. I was curled up comfortably in bed when that damned alarm sounded and broke the serenity in my room. My happy dreams were abruptly cut short; a groan escaped my lips.

It was time to go to school.

Today was a day like no other. It was Friday, and this meant only one thing. Physical Education 101’s one mile run test. Sadly, I looked at the jeans and skirts lining my closet, all of which now rendered useless. I unwillingly pulled on some jogging pants and rubber shoes.

Eight o’clock came in no time.

We were to run eight laps on the Moro Lorenzo Sports Center track in less than thirty minutes. Hannah and I ran. When we were out of sight of our dearly beloved teacher, however, we walked. It was not cheating, as we were actually allowed to walk.

“You can even crawl to the finish line,” said our compassionate instructor. She meant to be funny, but she meant it literally, too.

We finished in 15:59 minutes. It was excruciating and unbelievably tiring. I’m exaggerating a bit, yes. We were let out an hour and a half early, but to compensate for the free time we were required to attend the cheer rally at 4:30 in the afternoon.

Breakfast in the gym café took an hour.

And then we had our other classes, with an hour’s time of break somewhere in the middle.

There wasn’t a smile in any of our faces as the bell rang to signal the end of our last classes for the week. The weekend couldn’t start yet. The rally was in the way of much-awaited freedom.

And so we went. The gym was noisy, packed, and hot. Because we came later than most of the others, we were forced to seat near the top. It wasn’t a bad program, although it was utterly useless. My blockmates and I (and most of the other student spectators, I’m sure) didn’t see it to the end, obviously. We left the noise behind at roughly six o’clock.

But my day wasn't over, still. Wushu was still to come. And I had no time to rest for it, either.

I had barely closed my eyes when *rooster crow repeat x times*, there went the alarm again, telling me,

"Get your lazy ass off the bed and haul it to your wushu class right NOW!!"

Which I did. And that was when I sprained my ankle. In wushu class. I landed wrong in one of my back kicks. So there I was, pathetically clutching an ice bag to my throbbing ankle while everyone else did the usual routine and learned really cool new moves. My bad luck had struck again.

When you add up all that happened today, what do you get? The title.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home