confessions of a teenage fashionista

-inside a girl's compicated mind-

7.03.2005

The day of the play

Ah, Saturday. Obviously one would know why majority of the student population (sadly, my fellow Graceans are exempted from this as they have P.E. on this day) wakes up with a smile on this particular day. If in any case you're cursed with incompetence and lack of common sense, I'll tell you why. There are no alarm clocks waiting to ring us awake. Translation: We have no classes. And so it was half past ten when the sandman's dust wore off. I started to do my math homework, but I got bored and decided to idly lie in bed instead. Naturally, the cool air and soft silk mattress lulled me back to dreamland. The maid's voice was heard calling at noon that lunch was ready. After a pleasant meal with the family, I attemped once more to concentrate on school assignments. I managed to read "Photography as Rape" by Resil Mojares in its entirety, after which, for the aforementioned reasons, sleep took over again. It was 3:30 when I woke, and just on time, too. Necessary preparations took an hour of my time, then I was off in my chic tube top and heels to fetch some guys who were coming with me to the play.

It took us about an hour to get there. We thought we were early, as we arrived at six for a play which was due to start at eight. However, to our dismay, hundreds of people had already arrived before us and had formed absurdly long lines at the ticket exchange tables. We did finally get to the front, after quite a wait. Sadly, we were designated to seat at the Balcony One, which is at the top of the theatre, second to highest. We ate a quick dinner at one of the restaurants at the CCP complex, which was where the play was to be held, found some of our other friends and briefly chatted with them, and lined up outside our respective doors when eight o'clock came. I was seated next to Ralph, but Andrew got separated from us.

The show started about fifteen minutes later. Full of expectations, I was highly disappointed when the first play, Nic at Night (performed by the GCHS Elementary Chorale) ended. After a ten minute intermission, Bow Down, starring the GCHS Glee Club (of which I was part of but regretfully dropped out of because the play practice schedules clashed with those of my wushu classes) took place. It was better than Nic at Night, but it did not make a fantastic show. The costumes were too conservative, the color choices were not very smart, there weren't enough props, and some of the actors' voices did not project well. I would personally like to commend the superb acting of some of the cast, however. Kesterson, who I believe played Haman, Glenn, the person who played Anesthetes, and the kid who played Nicodemus stood out in my opinion. (I think I'm missing someone else, but I can't remember who right now) Congratulations to all of you and the rest of the cast who have worked so hard to make the production a reality. It was not because of you that the play needed improvement.

The operetta ended about 10:20. We went to meet some of the cast, who were our friends from high school. I miss everyone so much.

We left at eleven and I got home, exhausted, thirty minutes later.

Overall, it was a good day. Happy 55th anniversary to my alma mater, Grace Christian High School. My loyalty will always be to you.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ohh? There's another musical concert this coming June 19-20. :) This will surely be a HIT! I'm one of them. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home