confessions of a teenage fashionista

-inside a girl's compicated mind-

1.17.2006

Tragedy

Oh no, it's not at all what many people would actually consider a 'tragedy.' It's only that I haven't seen a single A since the second semester started, and really, I'm feeling quite frustrated. The only subject I seem to be doing well in (I certainly hope I can still say this after I get my long test back) is Literature 14, which has been (and is, obviously) my favorite subject this semester. I don't have a clue what my standing is in English, I'm only doing fairly ok in Math, Zoology lecture and lab, and I hope never to see my grade in Filipino 12, because, as I am deathly sure, I am currently (almost) failing that subject. Yes, I do have half a semester left to salvage what's left of my poor grades, but it's just discouraging to know I could've done better and that my chances of a 4.0 GPA has just flown out the window. I have set my sights a little lower, but even so I'm not so sure I can achieve my goal.

Maybe I've been distracted lately by those dark eyes, and that smile...

That's the other tragedy. Falling in love. I might write a poem about that paradox. Or not. Such depressed poetry is only making me depressed in reality. But then, sad poems are just so much more beautiful to hear, so much more meaningful. Then again, maybe I really am miserable and I don't know it. Or I do, but I don't want to admit it and it's clear in the poetry I write that I am.

God help me, because I don't even know right now.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home