confessions of a teenage fashionista

-inside a girl's compicated mind-

6.11.2006

Training more than the voice

When I first enrolled at the Center for Pop Music, I thought all I would be getting was a few hours of concentrated training, singing tips and tricks, and performance lessons. After completing level one, I realized I got a lot more than that.

To have been amidst people who shared my passion and dreams was a truly inspiring experience. I loved how we felt instantly comfortable with each other, how we talked about singing all day long and never ran out of things to say about it. We got so close in such a short time, trading secrets and doing each other's hair as though we'd known one another for years.

They were also the first people ever to see me dance to a sexy song. Before Center for Pop, I never had the guts to do so. Definitely not in front of an audience.

Most of all, they were the ones who believed in me. They cheered me on at every performance and gave me the confidence to go on and do my best. They never judged anyone harshly, and they never belittled anyone for their mistakes.

The days when we were together were some of my happiest. To the girls who did Objection Tango with me (that still includes Paula), we rocked! I'll never forget our bonding sessions or our uber-project moments. Of course, let's not neglect to mention Achelle, who is really sweet, albeit a little insecure.

I also want to acknowledge the tireless coaches, especially Coach Mel, Dynes, and Mayo, whose efforts I greatly appreciate. Coach Mel was my first coach; she helped me overcome my initial shyness at performing. Coach Mayo taught me to use facial, body, and vocal expression in singing, plus blocking techniques, armwork, etc. Coach Dynes taught me to dance and project.

After all of those hours of training, I've certainly become an infinitely better singer and performer, but I've also learned a thing or two about confidence, determination, teamwork, and friendship.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When someone writes an paragraph he/she maintains the idea of a user in his/her mind that
    how a user can know it. Therefore that's why this post is outstdanding. Thanks!

    Feel free to visit my website security

     

Post a Comment

<< Home