confessions of a teenage fashionista

-inside a girl's compicated mind-

4.30.2006

Summertime

Ciao, everyone.

I was just mindlessly surfing the net when I suddenly remembered I actually had a blog, so here I am, updating after almost three months.

I don't remember everything that transpired between February 10 and now, of course, so I'll only mention a few things.

It's been one of my busiest summers so far. I'm taking accounting lessons during weekday mornings for two weeks, doing voice and stage performance training at Center for Pop three days a week, and continuing wushu training Friday and Saturday nights. All of them are for two hours per session.

Singing class is awesome. I never knew there were so much rules to singing and performing. It's also oddly liberating to not care when you sing a wrong note in front of an audience. They teach you never to be embarrassed, to always project an image of confidence, even when you're quaking inside. Never be afraid of making a mistake, because after all, no one is immune to committing them. I mean, did you hear Rod Steward sing on Idol last week? He faltered on a high note.

Speaking of American Idol, there are only five contestants left. I'm thinking either Katharine or Taylor or Chris will win. I love Elliott too, but I don't think he has enough fans. I used to like Paris, but she's getting boring.

Moving on, I've watched a couple of movies (The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe; Ice Age 2; Tristan and Isolde; 2 Fast 2 Furious; Aeon Flux; Memoirs of a Geisha; Brokeback Mountain; etc.) since my last update, but, in my opinion, none of them, save Narnia, were really outstanding.

I've read some books, too. The It Girl and Some Like It Hot were typically juicy and glamorous, the seven Chronicles of Narnia books were vivid and imaginative, Tamora Pierce's Trickster's Choice was quite interesting, and The Taming of the Shrew was comical and witty. Currently, I'm a third of the way through Much Ado About Nothing.

Been to a few parties, which I obviously am not going to ennumerate, lol, and spent a day in Subic with my family, being kissed by a seal (or was it a sea lion?) who's just had dead fish and squids for a treat and followed around by a sweet little goat in the course of that delightful day.

And now, because it's already past 2 A.M., I must go.

Arrivederci e buona notte.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home